Google Analytics 101 & 201
2 Days (Instructor-Led)
Google Analytics 101 - Whether you're brand new to Google Analytics or looking for a refresher on the basics, Analytics 101 is the seminar for you. In this course, we focus on providing you with a broad introduction to all of the reports and more importantly, the insights that Google Analytics can generate. We'll show you how to understand who your visitors are, how they got to your site, what they did while they were there, and how valuable they really are. Even if you've never used the program before, this Google Analytics training will leave you knowing more than enough to be dangerous.
Google Analytics 201 - Google Analytics 201 goes much deeper than the 101 course, exposing you to advanced features and analysis techniques. You'll learn how to use powerful tools like Advanced Segments and Multi-Channel Funnels, while seeing real-world analysis techniques you can apply to your SEO efforts, your SEM campaigns, and much more. By the time you walk out of this Google Analytics seminar, you'll be a budding Analytics ninja not just a report squirrel.
This seminar is intended for those who with responsibilities in the areas of marketing, business analysis, web development and sales. Google Analytics focused on using web analytics to make data-driven decisions and drive performance improvements.
Analytics 101 & 201 is the first two courses that offered in the Analytics series. We have found that past attendees with responsibilities in the areas of marketing, business analysis, web development and sales have benefited from this seminar. It is helpful if you've already created an Analytics account and have a website or blog that you can refer to, but this is not required. We start from the very beginning, introducing you to the fundamentals of web analytics, and we will have live examples to show you.
Google Analytics 101 is an overview seminar that will guide you through learning the user interface, understanding the various types of reports that are available, and how to find actionable insights in your data. While we don't assume you'll have any prior experience with the program, it's a good idea to at least create your account before attending the Google Analytics course. Here’s what we'll cover:
- An introduction to web analytics in general, and Google Analytics in particular
- The dozens of reports Google Analytics provides you "out of the box"
- Generating actionable insights from your website’s data
- Measuring business outcomes rather than just counting visitors
In Analytics 201, we assume you already know the fundamentals of Google Analytics, such as how to navigate your account and use the basic features of the reports. As such, we dive directly into more sophisticated tools like advanced campaign tracking, Advanced Segments, and Custom Reports. We don't stop there you'll also learn how to use game-changing features like Multi-Channel Funnels and Flow Visualizations. This analytics course isn't just about learning how to use features, though. We'll also show you concrete, real-world analysis techniques that you can take back to work and start applying right away. You will learn:
- How to use even the most powerful features of Google Analytics
- How to measure every marketing effort your organization is making whether online or offline.
- Analysis techniques you can use to immediately start improving the performance of your SEO program, your SEM campaigns, and any other marketing campaigns you’re measuring.
- How to measure the impact of social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Google Analytics 101
- What is web analytics?
- Getting started with Google Analytics
- The Audience reports: who are these people?
- The Traffic Sources reports: how did they get here?
- The Content reports: what did they do on my site?
- The Goals and E-Commerce reports: how much are they worth?
- Wrap-Up and Q&A
Google Analytics 201
- Reporting vs. Actionable Analysis
- Advanced Campaign Tracking
- Advanced Segments
- Custom Reports
- Analytics for SEO
- Analytics for SEM
- Analytics for User Engagement
- Multi-Channel Funnels (MCF)
- Flow Visualizations
- Social Media & Real-Time Reports
- Wrap-up and Q&A